The Franciscan monastery complex with the Church of St Blaise is situated in the centre of Konavle, at the northern edge of Konavle field, in the village of Pridvorje, covering an area of 15,000 m².
It was founded in 1429 and was actively expanded for centuries, whilst it also suffered a great deal of natural and war-inflicted damages and destruction. Following the last heavy damages caused during the Homeland War, it was necessary to undertake a complete restoration of the entire monastery complex.
Our involvement in the restoration of this valued monastery complex as one of the protected monuments of architectural heritage included a thorough analysis of the existing condition, performance of the necessary investigations and the development of design documentation with the aim of preparing a design solution that ensured a religious, cultural and economic function of the complex.
cca 2.000 m²
gross surface of the monastery and church
year of completion
cca 2.400.000,00 €
estimated investment value
We have ensured active interdisciplinary cooperation between experts of different professions, architects, constructors, restorers and conservators in order to develop and implement a collective restoration design.
The first phase of the monastery complex and church restoration has been completed, allowing this valued historical monument to regain its function. A comprehensive and complex structural repair was carried out and a number of appropriate features were added in all the rooms of the monastery.